|Distance:||6km||Over the Riesloch waterfalls to the Chamer hut, a hike through a beautiful nature which is especially due to the waterfall unique.|
Starting point: Hiking parking lot Rieslochfälle
Distance: about 6 kilometres
Duration: one way about 2 hours
The Chamer hut also called "Schutzhaus Kleiner Arber" is located at an altitude of 1289 metres and was built in 1951. An idyllic atmosphere can be enjoyed on the southern slope of the Kleiner Arber in the midst of the Bavarian Forest Nature Park.
- 58 beds (shared rooms, bring sleeping bags
- Catering - hot meals and snacks
- Opening hours: in winter: 22nd December - 31st March / in summer: 15th June - 31st October from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone Schutzhaus: +49 (0) 9924/943126 (not always reachable until the opening)
Our hike starts at the hiking parking lot Riesloch, from where we follow the signs (grüne 2). After a short distance, the forest road ends, 2 routes are our choice, 1.) rocky path 2.) easy way. We choose the rocky path, from now on, a narrow path leads us over stony terrain up to the Riesloch waterfall (walking time about 45 minutes). Pure Bavarian Forest Nature Park, the Riesbach already accompanies us for the first few meters to the waterfall and offers us a fascinating natural spectacle. Arrived at the largest waterfall in the Bavarian Forest it is worthwhile to take a short break.
- Arberbach, Schwellbach, Kleinhüttenbach and Wildauerbach become Riesbach
- The main waterfall reaches 15 metres
- 33 hectares of the Riesloch nature reserve
Especially after the snow melts or after heavy rainy days, the Riesloch waterfall fascinates its visitors.
From there we keep left towards Chamer hut (signposted). After a steep climb you reach the rustic Chamer hut after about 1.5 hours. From the hut it is only a few meteres to the summit of the Kleiner Arber.
Descent: 1.) the same route back to the hiking parking lot Riesloch, 2.) You venture a side trip up to the summit of the Arber from there follow the trail 3 (Forstwaldstraße Arberhochstraße) back to the trail parking lot.